The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Getting Older

Well I'm 65 now and some days I really feel it. Along with your social security check they should send you a reminder of things that will happen to your body, once you pass 60. I woke up one morning in so much pain in my body I thought I had bone cancer. Thankfully it was only arthritus. I tell everyone at work to call me their weatherman. When the weather changes I know it before the weather channels. We all want to get older, but it is not without some downfalls. But I thank God that I made it this far and every morning that I wake up is a blessing. God is good.

2 comments:

BeeBop said...

Years ago - as a 'wee young-un' - I used to think that a teacher who was 48 years old was 2 steps away from a rest home. And if they were over 60, well......!

Me - I thought I would be like the Energizer Bunny and keep going, and going, and..... Wrong!

Cen said...

Hey, I remember when I was in my early 20's and one of the supervisors on my job turned 50. I thought it was so old I couldn't even say it out loud! Like my Papa always said "Just keep on livin!"

Now at 64 I'm thinking as long as I can still do everything, perhaps not as much or as often, I'm still good to go!