The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Holidays are here...Ready or not!

I must say I used to love the holidays. Gift giving and seeing family and friends always made me feel so good. Now, not so much....I dread the whole shopping thing that goes with Christmas, mainly because I don't have the budget I used to have. I have found that online shopping, especially free shipping, makes things a lot easier than they used to be. I mean how much easier can it get to point and click your Christmas list away?

This year will be a little harder since my Mom passed in June. Even though I'm not in California anymore I could send her a gift and call her to talk. I know she's in a better place now but selfishly I wish I could call her.

Don't you wish you could pick and choose which relatives to see at Christmas dinner? If only it were that simple. You have to grin and bear it while trying not to be obvious in watching the time. After all you want to stay a respectable amount of time. I am probably the only one in the whole universe that feels this way or is it I am the only one brave enough (or stupid enough) to admit it? I am probably not the barrel of fun I used to be either, so what is a girl to do?

dee dee

1 comment:

olia58 said...

I understand about the budget thing. That's why I think this year we'll pull names, again. We hadn't done it in awhile, but it was fun when we did and it always helped with the spending.

I think everyone has the person(s)
they'd rather not spend their happiest day of the year with. But I think it helps if we remember the good qualities in that person. Sometimes we have to dig real deep to see them, but they're there somewhere. And then we can focus on those during the time spent with them.