The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A job? Really?

I've been reading about baby boomers looking for jobs. It is out of necessity for some. For others it's a quest to stay active. I would like to find a job if I could work a few days a week, wouldn't have to get up early or stay late, be off on weekends and oh get paid a boat load of cash! I am fortunate to have options and although working would improve my traveling and  shopping abilities, I'll wait for that perfect job....if I am not too old when it arrives... I'll take it!

However, if you are one that has fewer options or just want to stay active I applaud you. I found a couple of web sites in my research that are boomer friendly: experienceworks, workforce50, seniorjobbank,  and theretiredworker, just to name a few. I found these listed on babyboomer.com.

I think back to the days when I interviewed potential employees, I considered the more seasoned employees, reliable, trustworthy and stable. I'm glad I had that attitude as it doesn't seem to be that way anymore. Actually on the flip side, as a consumer we often times want to deal with seasoned customer service representatives, feeling they will be more patient,  knowledgeable and sometimes more sympathetic to our plight.....

No comments: