The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I can't remember!

Ok, I panic when I can't remember things. Where I put stuff, why I went to the bedroom, where did I put my keys, you get the picture! I read an article in my retirement newsletter that  says AARP has free games that  assist in keeping the brain excercised "beach sudoku" is one that I found to be fun and  stimulating. Check it out at games.aarp.org.  

As a retired person I spend a lot of time on the computer.....playing games, responding to e-mails,  reading the news and  blogs. My memory is nothing like it used to be, however, I'm sure my walking everyday, except Sunday and all of my computer time, help with my quest to stay alert and active.

Did you know the year I was born (1947) Jackie Robinson was signed with the Brooklyn Dodgers as one of the first African Americans to play major league baseball? This year was also the year drive-ins started booming, women started wearing long  full skirts, and the first World Series was televised!

dee dee

1 comment:

Olia58 said...

Yeah, sometimes the memory thing gets scary! Thanks for the info on games for the brain, at AARP. will definitely check it out.