The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who said we don't matter?

My research tells me,  we  (Boomers) have great numbers that translate into a sizable market for advertizers, stocks, real estate, etc....You have to ask yourself,  if that's true why are some only seeking to reach the 18 to 49 year olds? I watch a lot of TV (ok maybe too much but hey I'm retired) and I look at some of the commercials, it is clear I am not the target. I even get mad when a show I watch religiously is cancelled. I can't be alone in this. There have to be other Boomers out there who feel me??

I see a lot of life insurance commercials that speak to me but I am officially saying I am interested in more than my funeral expenses! Ok, I do notice the male enhancement ads...no complaints there...  but there has to be more than sex and funerals for us Boomers, right?

1 comment:

BeeBop said...

I hear ya, hw. I think that in my case, 'they' are demanding that I get with the times, and come into the 21st century. But, I'm just waiting on 'them' to bring back irridescent slacks, LP-size cd jackets (loved those old cover designs),'Bogart' hats, and 49 cent Big Macs....and when they do, I'll be there.

Heck, I just sent my very first (and only) text, last month...and it just said 'OK.'