The Baby Boomer Generation

The Baby Boomer Generation

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Job Hunting

It seems that the job market is null and void. I've been searching for a job now for at least 7 months. I used to say that anyone can get a job if you really want one. That doesn't seem to be true anymore, (at least for me). I'm starting to wonder if my age (64) has anything to do with it. Maybe the employers are thinking that by the time they finish my paperwork, I'll be ready to retire. I wish that I could assure them that isn't the case. I need a job, and I'm sure there are plenty other babyboomers out there who need jobs also. So if anyone reading this has any helpful hints to pass along, I would be interested in hearing them.

PS. Just because we're older doesn't mean we are not useful. We have plenty of knowledge and experience that we have attained over the years. "So don't count us out, use us".

1 comment:

BeeBop said...

HW....
You might want to check out 'mystery shopping.' Try the Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA)at: www.mysteryshop.org
There's a lot of info there, and you can search nationally for opportunites, and companies that need 'mystery shoppers.'
I was looking into it, before I got involved in another endeavor.
Good luck